Mill
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Volume 11 cover design released
Topic Tags:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vex Harrow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Volume 11 cover design released Reply with quote

Mill Avenue Vexations Volume 11: The Shattered Violin

Release Date: Friday March 13th, 2009
Online Release: Sunday March 15th, 2009

Another Friday the 13th release! Say it with me -- TWO MONTHS IN A ROW.

Looking at the cover we have some absolutely stunning work by Candra displaying Vex in her glaring glory with the violin she took from the hands of the player at the goth concert at the Bash on Ash. A strange consolation prize for someone more interested in going to see The Crüxshadows but instead needed to feed someone their teeth and break their toys. The back cover is a cute doll-like rendering by Kassandra Leigh Purcell.

I just got the news back from the printers that the booklets are done, these ones happen to have 32 pages total which makes them a little bit longer than usual (more jam packed with action and boots stomping supernatural faces for everyone!) I didn't have enough energy/imagination to come up with a quote for the back cover so it just gets the webpage address.

I may revisit this cover in the future to clean it up some but the current publishing cycle has become extremely hectic so I had to get this together at a moment's notice...

Pfew. I hope everyone enjoys this one once I get it released to the web, and those so interested, it will also be for sale.

Let us know what you think!
Mark
Tourist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was to busy playing magic to go anywhere friday but I would've made a special trip had I read this post on time *kicks own butt for being late* will you be down on mill anytime soon and if so when can a fan meet up with you for one of your lovely creations? please say it isn't to late!
Vex Harrow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mark!

It happens, I ... was neglectful and posted that message later than I anticipated. Getting this one out was extremely taxing for me. One a month is starting to wear me down, but I am on the verge of 6 months next month!

Yes. I should be on Mill Ave Friday and Saturday. Also, I will be at ASU (and possibly Mill Ave a little) all day for the rest of this week Monday through Friday.

We are headed out there to see Brother Jed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mill Vexations Forum Index -> Vexations News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: