Mill
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Vexations Seasons : Summer
Topic Tags:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vex Harrow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Vexations Seasons : Summer Reply with quote

“You’re such a dear,” the old woman says. “But that’s quite alright. I can make do with what I have.” She pats the leathery satchel at her side and adjusts her bonnet against the sun.

Summer has hit Phoenix with savagery. The dried and bleached blades of shriveled grass poke up about your feet, and hers, as you sit together on an iron bench warmed from the attentions of the sun. The skies are blue within blue and without pause from horizon to horizon. You’ve been squinting against the dazzling light.

“My name is Vex,” you say, hesitant, uncertain if she’ll think it’s strange you’re curious. “What’s yours?”

“Gladis, dear,” she says. “It was my aunt’s name, she died before the first war, you should know. Lovely girl, too.”

A hot wind blows, carrying with it the scent of sage and dust. A desiccated tumbleweed rambles forlornly past as you ponder her strange visage. Wizened and cronelike she waits, hands neatly set in her lap, as the baking sun lowers to the horizon.

“Have you been coming here long?” you ask, curious; it’s not like there’s anything to see in the broken distance of the urban sprawl.

---

Next: Autumn

Previous: Spring

---

Summer of Mill Avenue Vexations Seasons © Kyt Dotson 2007, illustration © Sanjana Baijnath 2007. This is part of a series of images and flash fiction stories connected to the seasons of Tempe. Clicking on the image will give you a high resolution print format.
lizzyfirt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: for my friends from africa Reply with quote

hello, i'm lizzy!
Vex Harrow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: for my friends from africa Reply with quote

lizzyfirt wrote:
hello, i'm lizzy!

Welcome to the board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mill Vexations Forum Index -> Vexations News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: