Mill
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

The Law Returns to the Red Brick Road

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vex Harrow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: The Law Returns to the Red Brick Road Reply with quote

Well, by “the law” I mean that the cops are going to be making their presence more visible on Mill Avenue: they have decided to start up with foot patrols again. Something that they haven’t been doing for quite some time, according to the article it’s been almost a decade.

While I find no dark portents or dreary concern by reading between these lines, having the cops return to the actual red-bricks of our beloved street shouldn’t be a bad thing. If nothing else it will help take the edge off of the drunken jocks vs. street rats friction that lights up on warm nights. It may actually do some good, bringing those civil servants down from their high horses and down into the crowds with the rest of us.

It’s actually rather hard to respect a policing force that isn’t actually with the people.

My biggest problem with the AZ Central article is how quickly it disintegrated into a rather biased vision of the struggle of the city verses “the transients.” With the War on Culture in full force on Mill Avenue it only makes me wonder if we can only get some sort of more favorable or even better rounded examination of those issues rather than blowing this bullhorn about how businesses dislike the people with the drums.

When everything that makes Mill a place that attracts the drum circle, and the interesting people, I’m sure that more people will be there to buy stuff.

When Mill becomes the next Mall of America.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mill Vexations Forum Index -> Vexations News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: