Mill
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Mill Avenue Vexations Reviewed Extremely Brightly
Topic Tags:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vex Harrow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Mill Avenue Vexations Reviewed Extremely Brightly Reply with quote

Scintillating news peeps! One of the editors over at Web Fiction Guide, Grace McDermott, has posted a review of Mill Avenue Vexations and she has awesomely given us 4.5/5 stars! If anything has vindicated my writing and hard work, it’s getting this sort of criticism from a critic I know has been slogging through the dregs and the crème of the web serial community.

Here’s her beginning:

Mill Avenue Vexations is brilliant. There. I said it.

Instead of reading the first few chapters, keeping a track of what I liked and what I didn’t, I was caught up in the story and was already at volume four by the time I looked up.

Other choice comments from other visitor reviews, I wanted to highlight for everyone.

And a comment by Spyral:

Remarkably engrossing, these volumes are not your ordinary work of dark fiction. They offer unique characters and strong plotlines that engage the reader into the eerily playful world of the paranormal.

Here’s a part of a review by teapot:

She carries on with an uneasy persistent feel that no matter what efforts are taken the rot is out there.

And she is not alone . . . there are continuing characters in various guises that offer support, comfort and often ripples of the light of laughter.

The stories are Innovation and modern with tags of those fears that all feel . . . and provide a delicious sense of dread and deepening dark . . . and her taxi . . . a most astonishing vehicle.

There are many more wonderful reviews and we are ever adoring of our fans who issued forth to put them there for us! By golly, it is that we shall put Vexations on the map in one way on another!

And, if you haven’t yet, get along and post a review!
jorwyn
The Other Meow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww. I must not have said anything outstanding. I didn't get quoted. And I have to be your most rabind fan. *pouts*

I think it's so awesome that you got reviewed on there by an editor, and a great review at that! 4 1/2 stars is so uber-spiff! Yay for the Meow!
Kytsune
Our Elven Kin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, Jorwyn, but as our most rabid fan we do try to mention thee a lot more often! ^^ The space was limited ... >.<

Good readers really should visit the WFG site and read all the reviews, Jorwyn's included, of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mill Vexations Forum Index -> Vexations News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: