Mill
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Light Rail and Tempe
Topic Tags:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vex Harrow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Light Rail and Tempe Reply with quote

With the light rail coming along to Phoenix, and therefore Tempe, I thought that it would be prudent to deliver what I can on the subject. Everyone has seen them under construction, the small buildings being built up, and the rails installed in the middle of roads throughout our fair city.

To keep up with developing news on the subject, and a lot of human interest—which I hope interests most of us humans—is the Rail Life blog, aka Light Rail AZ. For a lot of further information, and those willing to suffer it, there is a Wikipedia article.

The current schedule is to open the light rail on December 27th, 2008; connecting 27 stations with over 20 miles of track. The track—with intent for further extensions and branches—runs from Main Street, Mesa into the heart of North Phoenix (Metrocenter, even.) I bring this marvelous monster up because it will intersect briefly upon Mill Ave.

I’m sure everyone has seen that little covered area out past the End of Mill before the Tempe Town Lake.

Opinions anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mill Vexations Forum Index -> Vexations News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: