Mill
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

I Get Pretty Things!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vex Harrow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: I Get Pretty Things! Reply with quote

This is one of the most awesome things I've been given in a long time. Lawrence Owenby from The Graffiti Shop on Mill Avenue gave it to Kyt Dotson, who in turn, gave it to me. Mostly because I like things like this. There is nothing more powerful magickally than a gift.

A great deal of our everyday lives are invested with the passions, desires, subtleties, simple adorations, and sentimentality that our hearts and minds grant into them. These impressions forge the basis of sympathetic magick, and for the uses of a talisman, especially one that might hold the numina of a place close at hand, a gift from the hallowed hollows of those hands is a potent thing.

I've used the Graffiti Shop before as a meeting place, a safe gathering for my friends and I. Not a small bit of my own magick has gone into some of those walls in the form of lipstick, Sharpie, and scratches of nails on cement. I'm sure that the wax remains of no few spells still remain adhered to the floor, here and there, where Lawrence wasn't looking at the time.

Graffiti is a part of all of us who have live and breathe the Ave.

I wonder if there'll be a tribute written to Graffiti itself. It certainly lends itself to deserving one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mill Vexations Forum Index -> Vexations News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: