Mill
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Do you like rap? If so, rapper T-Pain comes to Mill Av
Topic Tags:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vex Harrow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Do you like rap? If so, rapper T-Pain comes to Mill Av Reply with quote

Okay, I don’t like rap music, but do you know what I do like? Mill Avenue being a venue for music and culture. So when I heard that Marquee Theater was going to host a rap musician on Saturday I was both repelled and interested. I figured you all might like to know about this:

T-Pain will perform at 8:30 p.m. Saturday at Marquee Theatre, 730 N. Mill Ave., Tempe. Free, but you must text a school code to reserve tickets. (480) 829-0607 or luckymanonline.com.

It’s all part of a publicity stunt by Chegg.com, some sort of online textbook rental shop. You college students will probably know more about this than high school dropout me might (straight to cab driving right out of the nest, I suppose.) When I need textbooks I vanish into the library—and I’ll tell you, I’m certain that Chegg.com is not renting out Tobin’s Spirit Guide or the Esoterica Gadelica Tomic.

So be warned.

Tickets are being delivered through a sketchy cell phone gimmick. Students 18 and older are invited to text 44144 with a code that matches their college of scholarship: ASU (for Arizona State University), SCOTT (for Scottsdale Community College), and ARIZONA (for University of Arizona.) Students of other local colleges can simply text the name of the nearest school in that list. The tickets are free—aside from the text.

I might see you on the street Sturday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mill Vexations Forum Index -> Vexations News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: